Thursday, September 16, 2010

Swim Lesson

Josiah had his first ever swim lesson Wednesday night! I have been wanting to try swim lessons with him for awhile now but never got around. I even tried having him take lessons at the Livonia Rec Center, but the class was filled.

Then I remember Goldfish Swim School. I knew about them through City Mission, and I have always remembered the name, because I thought it was so cute! They have two locations, so we went to the one in Farmington Hills, and the first class is free!

When the class started I was a little nervous. This was some serious stuff! The other toddlers in the class were like fish! One girl could even swim underwater! However, he did great in the lesson. He even went down a little slide into the pool!

I'm SUPER impressed with the school and the class. But here's the bad part. The classes are expensive, really expensive. Now that I'm working we could change our budget around a bit and we could do it, but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that.

So I think I will be checking out other places. Anyone know a good place for swim lessons?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! I wish I would have taught the kids how to swim when they were little!

Have a great weekend!

Sherry