Monday, June 23, 2008

Are You All Ready For This?


Okay people...I need your help! Here is the background. Our church is doing a series on Bling-onomics. So this past Sunday, everyone was given one dollar and told they were to use it for good.


Here is my plan. I would like to buy seeds for the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in Detroit. They have this whole urban farm that they plant veggies to use at the soup kitchen. Also, the guest at the soup kitchen are given seed packets in hopes that they will start to grow their own food. How cool is that?


Here is where I need help from you all. What I'm asking for is for people to match my dollar. Its this simple. Leave a comment on this post saying that you would like to give a dollar. Then put a dollar in the mail, and send it to me. (if you don't have my address, feel free to email me at leospooh2@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.)


Then what I will do is go and buy the seeds and take them to Capuchin Soup Kitchen.


So people...here is your chance to make a difference in the city of Detroit. Leave a comment, and send me your dollar!

Thanks!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! But I need your address again!

Sherry

e-mail to: sherry_bibliomane@yahoo.com

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to a few people about this illustration! I heard of a few different churches doing the same thing! Some people were extremely creative.

Anonymous said...

SK-

I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow.

-kb

Anonymous said...

M'in.
Buck's in the mail!
Amy (oaks)