Saturday, November 10, 2007

One Less Dog

Today Puppy found his forever home!!!!! Courtney from Paws for Life came and picked him up today and took him to a family in Ann Arbor. We are so happy that he has a good family to go to.
Seeing that Puppy is now gone, and we only have two dogs, we had a bit of a celebration. I made this (of course I got it from the Tastefully Simple website) :
Crunchy Mixed Vegetable Bake

Submitted by Joy Rodas (MN) HQ Team Member

Ingredients
1 - 2 Tbsp. Spinach & Herb Dip Mix*
1-2 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™
10.75 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz. shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
3 (16 oz.) pkgs. frozen vegetables
2.8 oz. can French fried onion rings


Directions
Combine first 5 ingredients in medium bowl; blend well. Stir in cheese. Place frozen vegetables in greased 9 x 13 baking pan; spoon soup mixture over vegetables. Mix to coat evenly. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven. Sprinkle fried onions over vegetable mixture. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
I also made the Key Lime Cheese Ball. Yummmy. However I did not make it into a ball, I just made it in a Tupperware tub that I could easily throw back in the fridge.

After all the great food we played Yahtzee. If this is not a top notch celebration, I don't know what is!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks extra yummy! I'm so glad that puppy found a new happy home. I bet that Frankie is jumping up and down right now, literally.

Courtney said...

Yeay for Puppy! But I have a question...It's only been a week since you found him right? What if by some weird chance his owner calls you???