Monday, November 03, 2008

Guilt

I have discovered something that I think comes along with motherhood, and that is guilt. I find myself feeling guilty ALL the time. I will make a list for you.

1.) I feel guilty that the house is not clean. I think if I stay home all day I should have time to clean the house.

2.) I feel guilty when Donnie helps with the baby.

3.) I feel guilty when I leave Donnie alone with the baby, even if I'm just going grocery shopping.

4.) I feel guilty that my mom is helping so much. I feel that I should be able to do everything on my own, and not need any help.

This is the short list. I'm sure I could come up with more if time permitted. However, I'm saying NO to feeling guilty. (or at least trying to)

Its okay that the house is not clean.

Donnie likes to help with the baby (most of the time), and he is fine when I leave him alone with the peanut.

I do need extra help and that is okay. I'm not wonder women, and I love having my mom here to help out.

So I'm saying no to guilt. What about you all? Any ones else experiencing guilt?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am feeling VERY guilty for taking a sick day tomorrow. Normally I would suffer through feeling like this, but with conferences two nights this week (Wednesday and Thursday) I don't want to lose my voice before they even start. So I feel incredibly guilty that I won't be there with my kids tomorrow, even though I'm usually BEGGING for a random day off! :-( ...sigh... (And you know me, I do NOT just "take" sick days!)