Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy (day after) Fathers Day!


Yesterday after church Donnie and I headed over to my parents to celebrate fathers day. Donnie and I made this is candy tree thing (pictured above) for his present. He thought it was great!

Now here's the story behind the tree. My mom calls me on Friday and tells me that Martha Steward made this tree on her show, and it would be great for me to make for my dad. So I go online, and watch a video of her making it. Looked easy enough. However, I was sadly mistaken. It took Donnie and I a VERY long time to figure out how we were going to do it. (Martha used a hot glue gun, and I did not have one) In the end we cut up paperclips and used them to attach the candy to a foam cone. Now that we know what we are doing, I think Donnie and I could whip one up in no time!

3 comments:

Rain said...

Thats cute good job guys :)

Anonymous said...

I think that candy tree would be great for somebodies birthday in October.

Love,

Auntie Deb

Anonymous said...

That is so stinkin creative! I love it!