Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Josiah James

There have been some questions about where the name Josiah is coming from. I hope this post will explain. :-)

When I first started volunteering at City Mission I worked with the preschoolers, and one of them was Josiah. (he's on the left in the picture)
He was the first Josiah I had meet, and I loved his name! He is all grown up now. (like 9 years old) And I still love his name. (he's on the right on the picture)
When we found out we were pregnant, and started thinking about names, however, Josiah was not something that came to mind.

Then one day my mom was driving in Ohio, and saw a road named Josiah. (now keep in mind, I was only in my first trimester when this happened) She called me, told me we were having a boy, and we were going to name him Josiah. I had always liked the name, so I had no problem with that!

Donnie's first name is James, and so is his dad's, so we really wanted James to be his middle name.

I hope this helps! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Biblically, Josiah was the "Boy King" -- he became king when he was 8 years old. So, in keeping with tradition, in the Kelley family, Josiah will be taking over the title of King from Frankie when he's born! ~~ Amy (oaks)