Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Too Funny!

This is the story of Donnie and my misadventure with some furry friends. It all started when I got home from work today, and I went to check on my bird feeder. I put the bird feeder up over the weekend, and I have been keeping a close eye on it to see if any birds are eating at it yet.

To my shock the bird feeder was missing, until I looked down and saw this:

Yup, somehow the our furry friend had gotten the bird feeder down and was eating the whole thing. This was not your average furry guy. We had seen this guy around our yard a bit and we call him Mr. Tubs. So I went out to evaluate the situation. When I looked at the feeder, I could see that Mr. Tubs had chewed the rope apart, and that is why it was on the ground. So I tied it back together, hung it up, and went back inside the house. When I came back in this is what I saw:
Mr. Tubs was back!!!!!! This is where my story ends, and Donnie takes over. At this point I headed to City Mission for tutoring. So Donnie says goodbye to me, and then goes back to check on the feeder. Well....a gray furry friend, We call her Ms. Smoke decided she wanted to have some food, so her and Mr. Tubs got into a fight. And the lady won.


Ms. Smoke was having a grand old time on the ground.

Until she got the idea that she should climb the pole and have a real meal.

However, because of all the rain the pole was very slick. So she got all the way up, and then slid all the way down. Poor Ms. Smoke.

Ms. Smoke ate a bit longer and then headed home. She said she would be back later!

We are so thankful that we have a yard to watch our furry friends in! I love having a house!

P.S. Donnie and I took 72 pictures tonight of this event. Be happy we did not post all of them!

3 comments:

Rain said...

That is too cute. I cant even put up a bird feeder if my dog hears anything even outside our balcony he goes nuts i had the door open but the screen shut and my daughters were playing down stairs in the front yard and all of a sudden the dog jumps up and decided to leap threw the screen door to the balcony to bark at them I was so mad at him. I could only imagine if he seen another animal or bird he would probably try to bust thru the glass. Something about little dogs think they are so big.

Anonymous said...

72 pictures?

Anonymous said...

lmao... cute lil rodent ;)