Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Back!

Now that I'm back from our trip to West Virgina I can get caught up on posting!!! Here's a recap of our trip

Day 1 Tuesday
We did not end up leaving here till about 8pm, so that put us in West Virgina around 4am. Needless to say I slept most of the way through Ohio, and West Virgina. Frankie did great in the car and slept just as much as I did! Once we got there I went straight to bed. Call me anti social, but I had to get to bed.

Day 2 Wednesday Happy 4th of July!
I was not sure how Frankie was going to react to being in a new house. However, early on he was walking around like he owned the place. No need to worry about Frankie!
I was also not sure about how Donnie's dad would react to Frankie. While Donnie was growing up they always had dogs, but his dad insisted that dogs stay outside. Little Frankie is definitely an indoor dog. As it turns out Donnie's dad LOVED Frankie! They ended up being best friends!

We bought some sparklers to celebrate the 4th of July with, but a huge storm rolled in so we had to hold off on the sparklers.

Day 3 Thursday
Today we got to spend time with the cats. Donnie's dad had two cat last time we were there, but this time there were the two cat, and 4 kittens!!! They are the cutest things ever!

On a sad note, they were not very found of Frankie. Every time they saw him they hissed at him. This made Frankie very sad. He kept asking us, "Why do my cousins hate me?"

So we ended up keeping Frankie inside when we wanted to play with the kittens. Donnie's dad wanted us to take one with us, but we were not up to having a kitten that hated our dog.
Later that night we played with the sparklers that we had bought the day before.
Day 4 Friday
Today tragedy struck. My camera's batteries went dead, so I went looking for the charger. Sadly I had forgotten the charger at home. This was very sad news for me! We spent most of the day at Wal-Mart because Donnie's dad was going to the eye doctor there. We looked and looked to buy a replacement charger, but we had no luck. How sad!

Day 5 Saturday
Today we got to spend more time with the cats! Here are some more cat pictures I took before my camera died.

We ended up leaving West Virgina around 5pm to head back home. Frankie was doing very well..until he got car sick. The roads around Donnie's dad's house are very turnie. They go up, down, and around and around. This took its toll on Frankie. Poor Guy.

So now its back to work and our normal routine. However, it has been SO hot that when I come home, I go straight for the bedroom (its air conditioned) and I don't leave. I keep telling Donnie we need to move the computer into the bedroom. So far it has not moved. hehehe


Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with those kitties! Awwwwwwwwww! I want one! I want them all! I want to cuddle them and call them George! (uh, sorry)

Anyway -- clothesline -- I have two words for you: Dollar Store! lol

I got a sturdy 100-foot clothesline and 24 clothespins for 2 bucks!

DH's Mom had one of those big hooks screwed into the garage and we have a big tree or phone pole to tie the other end to.

I won't leave it up, but just hang it when I need it, as my kids would probably use it as a tight rope! lol

Glad you made it home safely!

Hugs to Frankie!


Rain said...

Well sounds like you guys had a great trip and that is great from the pics looks like uncle James is doing good :) Hope you get your computer moved into the bedroom soon so you can blog more :) lol well have a great day hope to hear from you soon

AnneMarie said...

Welcome back! I love the pics!

geo said...

a poast every 2 weeks... ur gettin lazy since u got hitched

Courtney said...

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! :-) I also can't wait to meet Frankie some time!

You have to help me with this blog thing...! I want to set mine up!