Monday, September 03, 2007

Rocks and Frankie

For a while now, Donnie and I have suspected the little boys next door of throwing rocks at Frankie while he is outside. A few weeks back I was out in the yard, and there were loads of these white rocks in our yard. I had no idea where they had come from. I told Donnie about it, and he told me that he thought the boys next door where throwing them. But we never had any proof.

Our proof did come a couple of days ago. We had let Frankie outside, and Donnie was watching him out the window. And know what he saw? The boys next door throwing rocks at Frankie! Poor Frankie was just standing there. He did not bark at them or anything!

This whole situation made Donnie very upset. He took a few deep breaths and then we both went next door to talk to the boys mom. We had met the mom a couple weeks ago, so that made things easier. When we told her what Donnie saw, she was very upset with her boys. She first called the younger of the two over (he is maybe 5) and asked him if he was throwing rocks. Very slowly he nodded his head without saying a word. In the end the boys said they were sorry and it would not happen again. I sure hope not!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Frankie! That is so sad! :(

Anonymous said...

SK-

Make sure that Donnie does run over any of those rocks with the lawn mower.

Rain said...

Awww poor frankie, Not to mention they could have also broken a window or something I do hope that they learned something from it and will not do it agaiin. Also Frankie should be getting a package here soon I mailed it out Saturday Morning Hope he likes it :)

The Frugal Apprentice said...

Awww my poor baby Frankie! BAD BAD BOYS! How could you throw rocks at a face like that?

Humph,

Sherry