Saturday, September 29, 2007

yuck


Today has not been a great day. I have felt like poop. (sorry for the harsh language) I was having a fairly large amount of pain, so I rummaged through the medicine cabinet and found some Aleve. When this was still not working hours after I took it, I decided I needed something stronger. Thats when I got out the prescription meds!

Due to my hospital visit in May, I had some left over pain medication. I found some ibuprofen 600mg, and some hydrocodone 10mg in the good old medicine cabinet. I decided to go for the ibuprofen. I never took any of the hydocodone that was prescribed because I know too many people that have had problems not being able to get off it.

This leads me to a question..what is one to do with prescription medication when they have some left over? Let's hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up girl! I believe it is o.k. just as long as one is not abusing the drugs! There is my two cents.

I am sure that many would disagree.

Anonymous said...

SK-

When your done with prescription meds (esp. narcotics aka hydrocodone) flush them down the toilet. By the way- if you take it, you won't become an addict, it's when you have no pain and still take pain pills then there is a problem. There's my ten second lecture.

Anonymous said...

Sowwy you're not feeling well. :(

I've recenlty heard that you're NOT supposed to flush them. You can return them to the pharmasist (sp?) and they will dispose of them with their expired meds.

~~ Amy (Oaks)