Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's that time of year!


A few weeks back I was over at my mom and dad's house, and I got thinking about Halloween decorations. I love fall, and I also highly enjoy Halloween. I think this is because it is so close to my birthday!

One of my fondest childhood memorises is hanging up the Halloween window decorations. I just LOVED this. Well, I mentioned it to my mother, and she did not remember anything about these decorations! I was shocked!

At this news, I promptly took these decorations home with me to hang up. I know they are over 25 years old, and I know they are slightly (okay totally) tacky, but I LOVE them! They have such happy memories attached to them!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I totally know what you mean!!! I loved putting up the window decorations too! They look great in your window--I think we might have some of the same ones! Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

SK-

I put up all the Halloween decorations and we only get one trick-or-treater! But I love hanging the skeleton from the tree and my blinking pumpkin lights. Happy pre-Halloween.

The Frugal Apprentice said...

I have a scarecrow theme going this year. I bought two big scarecrows and then a "kid" one, a corn stalk, a scarecrow wreath, one to stick in my mums, and we got a huge scarecrow cutout from the dollar store in our window :) then our schoolroom windows are full of clings and leaves and all things halloween-y.

Hugs,

Sherry