Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My First Filling


Today was a big day for me. I got my first filling! I had not been to the dentist in over 5 years, mainly because I had no dental insurance. And there is no way I could have afforded to go without it. However, now that I'm on my hubby's insurance I can go to the dentist. Yeah!!!

I found a dentist that took my insurance and was only like a mile away from me, so that was great. However, seeing that I live in the ghetto, the dentist office was also pretty ghetto. I thought about going out to the suburbs for the dentist. I'm sure it would cost about the same, and I'm sure it would have been much nicer. However, I live in the ghetto to help change it. Running off to the suburbs, in my mind, does not help change the ghetto. Oh well.

Because I had not been to the dentist in so long I got the works done. Full x rays, a cleaning, and a filling. I was scared to death to get the filling. I have gone my whole life never having a filling, and I was pretty scared about the whole numbing thing. I was pretty convinced that I was going to have some sort of reaction to it and die right there in the ghetto dentist office. However, that was not the case, and it did not even really hurt!!! I'm so proud of myself!

And the best news of all? The insurance paid for everything but $18 And the bestest news? Hubby is going to take me to get ice cream because I was so brave!!!! :-)

No comments: