Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Birthday Weekend

I think it is safe to say that I had a GREAT birthday weekend. It all started Friday night when Donnie took me to Andiamo's for dinner. We never so any place this fancy, and we never eat out without coupons, so this was a nice change. The food was GREAT! However, they did not sing happy birthday to be, which was a bit disappointing. :-)

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Frankenmuth! I love it there. My mom had got us a hotel room at the Bavarian Inn! Our first event was pretzel rolling. We took a class that taught us all about the history of pretzels, and then we got to make our own. It was so much fun.



After that we had an early dinner, and headed over Bronners. (the worlds largest Christmas store) Donnie had never been there! Seeing that both of us are not big shoppers, we did not spend very much time there. However we did stay long enough to have my picture taken with a nutcracker!


Then we headed back to the hotel for a night of fun at the family fun center. I even got my picture taken with Willy the dragon. (the mascot of the family fun center) My dear husband had a ask a staff person to go get Willy because his wife wanted a picture with him. hahaha


Our room had a sliding door, that lead right to the pool! How cool is that! So after the family fun center we went to the pool. There was a Mary Kay convention going on, so the pool was very filled with older ladies.

Sunday was filled with shopping, and then our trip back home. On the way home we stopped at my parents for a while, and it was nice to see them. What a great birthday weekend I had!


No comments: