Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On My Block

Detroit is FILLED with abandoned houses. There are almost too many of them to count. Because my hubbie and I live in a very poverty ridden area of Detroit (we live here by choice) we have abandon houses all around us. Over the past few days I have gotten sick of it. As I say often your either part of the problem or part of the solution, so I have began making phone calls to get rid of these houses. I hope on my day off to stay on top of getting abandoned houses demolished. I'm starting with three houses that are the closest to our building.

14040 Blackstone
This house is not the worst in Detroit by far. Most people live in houses that are more run down on this on our block. However, it has been abandoned for a long time now, and needs to go.


13965 Blackstone
This house is missing all windows in the back, and part of the back roof is also missing. This house has been abandoned longer than I have lived here.



Between 14110 and 14096 Blackstone
This house is literal falling apart at the seams. It was in good shape a year ago, and someone was remodeling it. However, I think something went wrong. This house is in bad shape.

No comments: