Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nappy Hair



I'm having issues with my hair. For the past few weeks all I have been doing is throwing it into a pony tail holder and running out of the house. Here is the root of the problem (pardon the pun) I have very thick wavy hair. I know some people would die for this type of hair, and at this point I would be willing to trade hair with them. It takes FOREVER to dry. Most nights I blow dry it about 1/2 dry, and then let it air dry the rest of the way. And the result? A wavy puffy mess, that I pull back in a pony.



So last night I decided I wanted bone straight hair, like Lucy Liu. (see picture below) Seeing that I'm not Asian I knew this was going to be a challenge, but I was up for it.




First thing I did was blow dry my hair straight. Then I took a flat iron to it. My very dear hubby even did the back for me! How cool is he? This whole process to entirely WAY to long. Below you will see pictures of the end result. It's sorta, for the most part, straight. But not Lucy Liu straight. I will have to keep working on it.






So I feel like I'm left to the conclusion that I have nappy hair, and I will forever have nappy hair. If you have not read the book Nappy Hair, I would suggest going to the library and reading it now. It is a great book.










No comments: