Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The First 24 Hours

Its official. Frankie has been with us for 24 hours now. What fun we have had with him so far!

So far he has been a great dog. No chewing on things, no marking his territory, no over the top barking, no going through the garbage, no tearing up toilet paper. I have been very impressed by his behavior.
Last night he did not like the idea of sleeping in his crate. (although I know he slept in a crate at his foster house.)He did wine and whimper for a while before falling asleep. Due to medication that I'm currently on I'm not sleeping very well so for quite awhile I was listening to both my dear husband, and Frankie snoring logs. It was sorta cute. hehehe
Today my mom came over to take me to the doctor's for a check up. (all is well-I got my stitches out!) After we came back my mom and I took Frankie to a walk to the post office. He LOVED that! I thought he was going to pass out from excitement.
Then he spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch sleeping. Too funny.

4 comments:

Rain said...

Aww he is so cute He reminds me of my Jackson but my Jackson would not go for sleeping in a crate he has not slept in a crate since he was like 2 weeks old he sleeps at the foot of my bed when i come to bed he curls up by my legs they are such sweet hearts and yes I know what you mean about a walk you even say walk around my dog and he is up grabbing the leash and pulling you out the door.

Anonymous said...

How old is Frankie? He is pretty cute.Glad to hear your doctor visit went well. Take care.

Love Aunt Deg

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love how he sleeps with his tongue hanging out!! Haha! I hope YOU get some more rest soon! :-) Glad to hear your doc appt went well!

Anonymous said...

Yay Congratulations on Frankie! Too cute!

Glad you are feeling better!

Hugs,

Sherry