Friday, May 11, 2007

Whats That Sound?


Over the past couple of days I have heard an odd sound. It goes by the name of biological clock, and its ticking away in me. I realized the other day that this year I'm going to be 28. Then I thought if I want children I better have them soon. This thinking got my clock ticking very loudly.

Here's the thing. Donnie and I do not want children any time soon, if ever. And due to a current medical condition it would take a miracle to have a child right now. But the clock keeps asking me, what if I wait too long, and then I'm not able to have kids.

So here is my conclusion...I'm not going worry anymore about my ticking clock until I'm 35. However, I would like to hear from you all. If you have kids, how old where you when you had them? If you don't have kids (and want kids) how old do you want to be when you have one?

2 comments:

Rain said...

Wow 35 I think is way too long to wait to be honest. I had mine early of course and I was not married so maybe I am not the best to give advice but I was a late in life baby my mom was 38 when she had me and I can say It sucked cause my mom was so much older then all the other moms and people used to make fun of her I think if you want to wait then wait but I think a good time to start for you guys would be 30 cause that still gives you a couple years and then that way you will only be 48 when your child is graduating from High School and you will not be looking like the grandparents at the graduation :) lol but that is only one in probably a million opinions you will probably receive. Good luck and I cant wait to have a little second cousin running around here :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, good post!!! I think I want to have kids...Let me rephrase that. I can't imagine NOT having kids. I do not want kids now, nor do I feel ready to have kids now. That being said, we're still young!!!!! More and more women are waiting to have children which I think is a really cool trend to see. I don't feel responsible enough to want or have kids right now. Steve and I still want to take some trips together, get settled in a house (and who knows HOW long that will take!) before we even consider having kids. That being said, I don't see myself having a baby until I'm 30. That may "sound" old, but my mom had me at about that age (a little older actually) AND (here's the scary part) that's only 3 years away from now anyway.

My biological clock, however, has been keeping to itself so my opinion may not be the most appropriate one for you at this point in time!! :-)